Responsive Ann Arbor Criminal Defense Lawyer Protects Your Rights
Attorney provides sound legal defense strategies to criminal defendants throughout Michigan
At my Ann Arbor firm, Jonathan D. Shapiro, PLC, I believe that every criminal defendant has the right to effective counsel and that those who are indigent deserve an advocate who offers the same type of skill and compassion that wealthy clients receive. Having served clients throughout Michigan since 2018, I have the experience to represent you. If you’ve been accused of committing a serious felony offense or a less severe misdemeanor, I will get to work immediately on building a strong defense on your behalf.
Understanding lawyer represents clients in a wide range of criminal law matters
As a criminal defense attorney, I have experience advocating for clients who have been charged with:
- DUI — If you have been charged with a DUI, known in Michigan as an OWI (Operating While Intoxicated), I will examine every aspect of your case in order to find grounds for a reduction or dismissal of the charges.
- Drug crimes — Whether you have been charged with possession, distribution of an illegal substance or another drug crime, I am determined to fight for you in court. In cases where a conviction is likely, I am prepared to advocate for rehabilitation alternatives to incarceration.
- Gun and weapons crimes — I understand the laws surrounding selling, possessing or using an illegal weapon. You can rely on me to defend you against gun and weapons crimes charges.
- Sex crimes — A conviction for a sex crime can have permanent consequences that affect your future and your reputation, which is why I aggressively challenge the prosecution in cases involving rape, sexual assault and other allegations of a similar nature.
- Violent crimes — I provide a thorough legal defense and investigate the underlying reasons for allegations of assault and battery or domestic violence.
- Theft — If you have been charged with burglary, larceny or another theft crime, I have the experience to advocate for your rights in court.
I can also help defend you against traffic violations such as speeding tickets or, depending on the nature of your crime, move to expunge your criminal record so that it does not hinder your employment opportunities.
Contact a determined Michigan lawyer to schedule your free and confidential consultation
At Jonathan D. Shapiro, PLC in Ann Arbor, I provide zealous legal representation and honest advice to clients throughout Michigan who have been charged with criminal offenses. To discuss your rights, call 734-646-5003 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.